Hello everyone!! Welcome to 2009. The holidays have been a very busy time for us. We spent the majority of our holiday down in Yuma with Rob's parents. That was most certainly an experience and a half. We flew in to Vegas and then drove for 4 hours and almost got lost before we ended up getting to their place. Yuma is a very spread out city that is smaller than it should be because it is so spread apart. But what scenery. There was oddly shaped cacti everywhere in shapes and sizes that I had never before seen. We came to find out that all of these other things that we thought were just really weird bushes were really cacti. We were very surprised. Rob and JR enjoyed some time in the Jeep with Grandpa going out in the desert. That was a fun experience for JR. When they returned JR came in with a pocket full of 22 shells that he had searched and hunted diligently for. He was so very proud. It was a lot of fun for him and his dad to have that bonding time with Grandpa. I was just kinda enjoying the time to relax and actually take a nap as that is something that I have not had the joy of doing too often with this pregnancy. You could definitely tell though when JR was starting to get bored because he would go out and get into a little bit of trouble. Louise and I were in the house watching some TV and getting some things ready for dinner I think one day and JR was outside playing with Reno (their Chocolate Lab) or so we thought. When we finished doing what we had needed to do we went out to their Arizona Room (which is like a sheltered sun room) and her cigarette pack was on the ground empty and squished. Well that really got our curiosity going so Louise was asking JR where her cigarettes were and I went outside into the yard to see if I could find the evidence. Sure enough, there in an ashtray on the ground were all of her cigarettes, broken and placed neatly in the ashtray. It took everything in my power to not laugh myself to death because Louise certainly didn't find it all that funny. When Rob came home I told him what JR had done and he burst into a fit of laughter. We found it incredibly funny how he knew to put them there. Now Louise has learnt to put her things up higher when little fingers can't get them. (Although none of us would have imagined JR would do that..LOL) On the 28th we drove back to Vegas and along the way we wanted to try and get to see the Hoover Dam. What a great idea we thought. Until it took us an hour to get 8 miles. We got about a quarter of a mile from the dam when we noticed that the lineup of cars on the other side of the dam was just as long as the one on our side. We knew we couldn't risk missing our flight so we turned around and went back to the highway. Drove into Vegas and wanted to take a jaunt down the Strip to get to the rental car center. That in turn took us nearly an hour and thankfully we didn't have to clear customs otherwise we would likely have been in a little trouble.
Flying in to Salt Lake was a good flight and JR did very well on that one. He was so excited to see Grandma Smith that he actually ran right to her and hugged her. That truly surprised us all!! He very rarely does that for anyone so we are not entirely positive if it was just a fluke or not. It was nice to see either way. So we had a jam packed two days to spend with my mom and dad. We saw Jason and Tracey and Lizzy on Monday and spent the whole day with them. We went to the mall in Layton and I bought some pants and Rob went with my dad to buy a wireless router so we could have more contact without being strapped down to the computer. We had a great time in the short time we had with them.
Now that brings us to now. It is the second of January and I have made it my goal this year to not make any resolutions as they always fail anyhow. Instead I have made small goals. I figure those are easier to keep. I am going to continue to eat healthier so that this baby has the best start at life that it can. I am going to continue to be active so that when the time comes to loose the weight, I may have an easier time doing so. Last year was a tough year for Rob and I personally so I want to continue making my life and my time with him as valued as possible. Take time to enjoy the finer things in life and appreciate what has been given to me. I am so grateful for my family, my friends and anyone who means anything to me and I am going to strive to let them know more often.
I wish you a very safe, happy and prosperous 2009 and I hope that we all can have more time together this year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment