Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nearly Spring

Well, it has been far too long since I last wrote. I am really bad at this whole blogging thing. I wish I was better at it, but sadly, all I cna do it try and improve myself in this area. So much has happened since I last wrote.

Chase is nearly 9 months old now. The time has flown by so fast. It seems like the more kids you have the faster the time goes for us as parents watching them grow. He crawls and still has no teeth, but I am satisfied that he will have strong healthy teeth. He babbles on and on in his baby talk and Rob and I just love it. He has such an amazing curious little personality. He's really getting fun. It's amazing how Chase and JR differ. The two of them are completly different. It is hard to believe they came from the same parents. But Chase is really a good baby. Just doesn't sleep as well as he probably could and eats ALL the time.

JR is doing great. His speech has really come along well. The school team at his school are hoping to try and refer him to a full time kindergarten class that is specialized for children with speech issues as he is still not exactly up to speed on that. But they are continuing to work hard with him as are we at home. He is almost 5 and turning into a little man already. He is so independant and has an imagination the size of Texas. It's really fun to watch. He enjoys school and I hope that he continues to enjoy it.

Rob has started a job in an office here. It's a marketing company that supplies the wholesalers and contractors in various plumbing products. He is enjoying it for the most part. It has been a really hard adjustment going from the tools to an office job and working weekends for extra spending money. He works a lot. But he likes money so it's worth it in the end. LOL. He had a nice long vacation a couple weeks back. Drove down to Arizona to visit Ron and Louise and do some 4x4ing and really enjoyed it. It was really what he needed although that man doesn't know how to slow down or relax. So even on vacation it was always go, go, go!! I think I physically spoke with him on the phone for maybe an hour in total in 13 days. So he was constantly on the move or in the desert somewhere. He also spent 2 days in Vegas and that was when he decided that that would be the place he wants to take me first. Then we can hold off on Mexico or someplace hot until the boys are both old enough to get shipped off for a longer period of time.

As for me, nothing much changes for me. I signed up to walk 60 kms in the summer for the Weekend to End Women's Cancers. I am really looking forward to it. It is going to be an incredibly hard thing to do but so rewarding. It is still far more easier to walk 60k than to fight breast or cervical cancer. I am very excited to be part of making a difference in this field. I also signed up to a brand new gym that is opening this week. And also looking forward to making a difference in my life and my health. I have a bit of weight to loose and am anxious and excited to do so.

So all in all, life in the Souster home is going well and we are all happy and healthy. Excited for summer to come and do some camping.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hello, surprize! Love your blog page. I have one too now. My gals from my old presidency came and visited me today and we had so much fun. They created a blog for me so I guess I will have to do something now. I will try to keep it up. Ash says hi and love you. Me too. Bye for now.
Mom