So in my quest for weight loss, I have been looking for alternatives to things that I just simply feel I cannot live without. One thing in particular, spaghetti. I adore spaghetti and crave it a couple of times a month. Noodles alone will kill the any chance of loosing anything. LOL. So I figured that I would try spaghetti squash (which I have on many occasions) I have had a few meals consisting of the sweet and slightly crisp gord. But last night I sat there while my family ate spaghetti with regular noodles and me with my squash and realized exactly how wonderful it felt to go back for a second helping and not feel over full and best of all, not guilty!! I figured that it was time to start eating that more often when I want spaghetti as it is a very safe choice for a food that I love.
And cantaloupe. I have always enjoyed it but never sat down and taken the time to truly enjoy it. It is a pretty amazing fruit. But I tend to be the only person in my house that eats it for some strange reason. It is one of Rob's faves but he still would much prefer to sit down with a bag of chips. Boy is that tough for me. It is so unbelievably tough to change the one that one eats. Especially when you are the only person in the house who has a desire to do it. People complain about gaining weight in this house but then sit down with ALL the wrong foods. And it's so strange how the right foods are the most expensive ones. It's no wonder it is so difficult to want to change what we eat. It's frustrating is what it is.
But here I sit, only complaining about it. I can't ask the other people in my home to change their eating habits. They are going to have to want to do it on their own. Mind you with Rob's help, I have had to not make 2 differnt meals every day. Sometimes if I make something that I know Jr won't eat at all I will make him a little something different. But Rob has gotten a little more strict with him and he has been sitting with us and eating the meals that I make. That makes me happy. So I will keep updating about my venture. Which isn't easy as we all know.
Happy Spring everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment